Resources for Parents and Carers
Parents are often very welcoming of support and information from the school about supporting their children’s emotional and mental health. In order to support parents we will:
- Highlight sources of information and support about common mental health issues on our school website.
- Ensure that all parents are aware of who they can to talk to, and how to get the support they need if they have concerns about their own child or a friend of their child.
- Make our SEMH policy easily accessible to parents.
- Share ideas about how parents can support positive mental health in their children through our regular review meetings.
- Keep parents informed about the mental health topics their children are learning about in school and share ideas for extending and exploring this learning at home.
As part of our school commitment in supporting Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health for children and families, we are pleased to share with you some home learning support that can help your child self – regulate their emotions, relax and feel calm and an opportunity to actively engage in wellbeing learning.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE LINKS BELOW TO ACCESS THE RESOURCES.
Sleep Busting - This Sleep Busting document will give you information about why it is important for children to have a good nights sleep. The document will help you put into practice a sleep programme that will help with bedtime routine